IP Address Management
The need for automation of IP address management has never been greater. The criticality of TCP/IP networks continues to increase over time. Virtualization, cloud and mobile computing, and the introduction of diverse IP-based devices—such as IP telephones, cameras, and RFID readers—are proliferating at a dramatic pace. Soon, IP networks will mediate all business and everyday activities—from gaining access to a building to making a phone call. Infoblox IPAM relieves the human-error risk factors from your IP manager and drives down the expenses of today’s complex and powerful networks.
- IPAM automation yields up to 90% savings in IP management and monitoring related activities. Tasks that took hours or days to complete can now be accomplished in minutes
- Up to 50% fewer network related helpdesk calls because Infoblox IP address tracker eliminates misconfigurations and IP conflicts
- Increased end user productivity due to fewer outages
- Detailed reporting and audit logging for increased security and compliance
- Patented Grid™-based redundant technology that ensures network infrastructure services never go down
Automated Network Change and Configuration Management
NetMRI is a network management product focused on network change and configuration management (NCCM). It enables you to automate network change, see the impact of changes on network health, manage network configurations and meet a variety of compliance requirements. Offering physical and virtual appliance deployment options, NetMRI audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution and automates network changes, allowing you to do the following:
- Determine how change impacts both network health and compliance
- Maintain a predictable and consistent network with embedded best practices and proactive monitoring
- Increase staff efficiency via automation, problem isolation and improved remediation options
- Put a stop to user complaints and network issues
- With a single click, generate reports to check your adherence to PCI DSS, SOX and other regulatory compliance mandates as well as to internal policies
Instead of manually pushing and logging changes, like some network administration software, you can use NetMRI to automate network data collection, analysis and reporting of network infrastructure devices to greatly improve the efficiency and predictability of your network.
Switch Port Intelligence Appliance
The Infoblox PortIQ™ appliance enables you to quickly discover your inventory of Ethernet switch ports network-wide so that you can intelligently optimize your infrastructure rather than “flying blind” as you make new switch purchase decisions. With PortIQ, you can quickly discover which switch ports are under-utilized and where you have excess capacity. You can also protect and quickly troubleshoot your LAN environment with PortIQ, which enables you to do the following:
- Easily locate and unplug a device marked as a security risk by a firewall
- Learn where there are open network drops in common areas and meeting rooms
- While troubleshooting network problems on a device, determine port speed and status without having to physically trace the cable from the device to the switch
PortIQ’s granular level of network monitoring assists you in making informed decisions as you troubleshoot, manage, secure and upgrade your Ethernet switch environment. It provides you with the following information about your switches and switch ports:
- Switch Name
- Switch Port
- Switch Description
- VLAN Name
- VLAN Number
- Switch Status
- Port Speed/Duplex
- Link Status
- First Seen/Last Seen Time Stamps
Integrated DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management (DDI), with Massive Scalability and Automation
The explosion of IP addresses and the rapid transitions to IPv6, virtualization and the cloud have put extreme pressure on IT team. Delivering network services that are automated, scalable and always on requires integrated, highly scalable, fault tolerant, 24x7 available DNS, DHCP and IP address management.
Infoblox Trinzic DDI is the world’s leading appliance-based, integrated DNS, DHCP and IP address management product. Trinzic DDI employs state-of-the-art IP address management and automated error-checking technologies, seamlessly integrated with Microsoft DNS/DHCP servers. It supports the Infoblox Grid™ architecture, which enables the most advanced, highly available, fault tolerant and scalable DDI solution in the world. With Trinzic DDI you can leverage your existing investments in Microsoft, while simultaneously incorporating collaborative IP address management and ensuring 99.999% network services uptime.
See Your Entire Network Through a Single Interface
Trinzic DDI gives you a “single pane of glass”, real time view into your network services, giving you the ability to make decisions about issues as they happen.
Ensure Unparalleled Security and Reliability
The Trinzic DDI security suite offers secure, role-based administration and self-service components, as well as a hardened OS to prevent root access, and supports DNSSEC and security in the Infoblox appliances and their connections. As a member of CERT, Infoblox has advance notice of new threats and issues updates and security patches for immediate response to any new vulnerability.
Deliver Massive Scalability and Always-On Availability with the Infoblox Grid
Trinzic DDI delivers massive scalability to manage the proliferation of IP-based devices, web-based apps and the explosion of IPv6 addresses. Trinzic DDI ensures network reliability and 24x7 operations, and with the Infoblox Grid, provides resilient network services, failover, recovery and seamless maintenance. The Infoblox Grid removes single points of failure and other operational risks inherent in legacy DNS, DHCP and IP address management infrastructure with a distributed relationship between individual or paired appliances, inside a single building, across a networked campus or across geographical locations.
Adding Infoblox Multi-Grid Management technology to Trinzic DDI enables the centralized management of multiple Grids, scalable to thousands of hosts, and includes visual representation of both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Conquer the Challenges of IPv6, Virtualization, Cloud Transition and Growth
Trinzic DDI includes full support for IPv6 and related protocols, such as DHCP64 and NAT64, to enable a smooth transition to the next generation IP networking. Fully functional IPv6 services and management are part of the Trinzic DDI solution, as are services and management for dual-stack IPv4/IPv6.
Trinzic DDI supports the transition from physical to virtual environments through its ability to identify the IP addresses of virtual machines, the location and state of virtual switches and other related transitional information to help bridge the gap between the two environments.
Integrate Seamlessly with Microsoft DNS and DHCP Services
Trinzic DDI allows for central management of both Infoblox appliances and Microsoft DNS and DHCP servers without agent software on clients or servers. The solution uses native Microsoft RPC APIs to interface with Microsoft DNS and DHCP services, and automatically synchronizes all changes made by either Microsoft or Infoblox tool sets.
Automate Common Network Tasks
Trinzic DDI simplifies the management of your network through built-in automation tasks. Select the Task Board as your home page and easily perform common network services and network infrastructure and device configuration tasks with a click of a button. Examples of network services tasks include adding networks and host records, fixing addresses including the CNAME record, TXT record, and MX record. Examples of network infrastructure and device configuration tasks include the ability to enable/disable a port, move VLANs or create networks in a matter of minutes, not hours or days. You can even discover rogue DHCP servers or install and have bare metal devices automatically be provisioned. Combined, the built-in automation tasks increase your team’s efficiency, reduce errors, and provide you with a more agile IT infrastructure.
• Massively scalable, highly available, secure, fault-tolerant and the most widely deployed DNS, DHCP and IP address management solution
• Centralized management and support for both IPv4 and IPv6 networks
• Support for virtualization through IP discovery, management of virtual machines and integration with VMware
• Built-in support for DNS, DNSSEC, DHCP, FTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS and NTP
• Automated failover and disaster recovery mechanisms
• Centralized, collaborative management of both Infoblox and Microsoft DNS and DHCP services
• Automation with built-in networking tasks
• Synchronization of all devices via a shared distributed database through the Grid™
• Efficient network discovery and automated IP address management (IPAM)
• One-click system-wide software patching and upgrades
• Hardened OS, available on physical or virtual appliances, to reduce vulnerability of network attacks