Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches simultaneously advance the fundamentals and economics of networking.
|Carrier-class reliability||EX Series Ethernet switches leverage the same field-proven Juniper technology - including high-performance ASICs, a carrier-class system architecture, and JUNOS Software -- that powers the world's largest service provider networks.|
|Security risk management||EX Series Ethernet switches tightly integrate with Juniper's Unified Access Control (UAC) solution, dynamically delivering network protection, guest access and identity-based QoS based on user, device, and location.|
|Performance||Each of the EX Series Ethernet switches deliver wire-speed performance on all ports for any packet size. For instance, the EX8200 modular Ethernet switches deliver up to 128 wire-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports per chassis with nearly 2 billion packets per second throughput—the ideal platform for next-generation data centers.|
|Virtualization||Virtual Chassis technology, currently available on the EX4200 line of Ethernet switches, allows up to 10 switches to be interconnected and managed as a single, logical device, delivering the reliability, scalability, and manageability of traditional chassis-based systems in a cost-effective, compact platform.|
|Application control||The EX Series Ethernet switches support eight QoS queues per port, ensuring proper prioritization of control plane, voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic—with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.|
|Lower total cost of ownership||The innovations of the EX Series Ethernet switches enable new architectures that reduce cost and complexity. Unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring and maintenance and save time and money.|
The J Series routers provide:
- Unmatched performance with services enabled (Firewall, NAT, IPSec, etc.)
- Four on-board GigE ports and expandable WAN and LAN interfaces via modules (including GigE) on J2320, J2350, J4350 and J6350
- Comprehensive range of interfaces supporting Serial, T1/E1, FE, DS3/E3, ISDN, ADSL2/2+, G.SHDSL and Gigabit Ethernet
- A full, rich set of IPv4/IPv6 features and routing protocols combined with the broadest MPLS features available
- J2320, J2350, J4350, and J6350 are Avaya voice ready
- Wide array of Layer 2 access protocols including Frame Relay, Ethernet, and PPP/HDLC
- Rich and granular QoS and instrumentation for prioritizing mission-critical traffic such as voice transmission
- Network Address Translation (NAT), Stateful firewall, IPsec, and J-Flow accounting
- Reduced operational cost and complexity due to use of a single Junos image regardless of features activated
- Security – Juniper Networks delivers the most advanced set of mechanisms for fully protecting enterprise routers from outside threats. The J Series routers give network staff complete control even while under attack. The console port can always be used to add new filters and policies in just a few fast and simple steps.
- High uptime – The modular and fault-protected Junos delivers high levels of resiliency and stability in the J Series. In traditional enterprise routers, any small bug can quickly turn into a larger problem. In Junos, each software module runs independently and is unable to impact other areas. Other features include next-generation CLI for accurate configuration, as well as a rescue button for fast system recovery.
- Predictable performance – The J Series maintains high levels of QoS control and throughput during the most demanding periods of network congestion. Modular software architectures are key in the sorting and scheduling of traffic, ensuring that the most important applications take priority with networking resources.
- Unmatched value – No licensing fees are required for advanced services such as IPv6, MPLS, IPsec, and stateful firewall. No port licenses are required to operate onboard or modular interfaces.
Juniper Networks M Series Multiservice Edge Routers are deployed in the world's largest networks. The M Series routers support multiple services without compromise on a single platform — maximizing revenue and minimizing operational and capital costs. Services supported include a broad array of VPNs, network-based security, real-time voice and video, bandwidth on demand, rich multicast of premium content, IPv6 services, granular accounting and much more.
- Expanded edge capabilities: The M Series platforms can be deployed at the edge of provider networks, in small and medium-sized cores, and in peering, route reflector, and data-center applications. M Series routers are now deployed and scaling services at the edge of some of the world's largest production networks.
- Consistent service to all customers: The same scalable and production-proven JUNOS Software runs on all M Series platforms, providing a consistent set of capabilities at all network locations — regardless of customer connection or serving-area density.
- Access independence with leading density: An M Series platform can provide a single point of edge aggregation for thousands of customers over any access type—including ATM, Frame Relay, Ethernet and TDM and at speeds from DS0 up to OC-192/STM-64 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Comprehensive VPN portfolio: The M Series platforms support the industry's most comprehensive VPN portfolio with the ability to simultaneously run and scale a broad set of VPNs with no performance compromise while meeting the needs of a wide set of customers — maximizing the service provider's revenue and minimizing required infrastructure.
- Granular QoS and statistics: The M Series platforms support multiple levels of granular QoS per port, per logical circuit, and per channel (to DS0) for prioritizing traffic. Extensive statistics and diagnostics enable flexible billing, traffic planning, and rapid troubleshooting.
- Increased revenue possibilities: Additional revenue generation is possible with edge routing services, including premium services for end users requiring high levels of security. In addition, M Series platforms efficient deploy scalable multimedia services, reducing both capital and operating expenses and offering better visibility to traffic flows.
- High reliability: Redundant architecture, redundant power and cooling, fault-protected JUNOS Software, and rigorous system testing ensure that all M Series platforms are highly reliable.
- Robust security: Routing reliability, DoS attack protection, and secure service delivery at the edge of provider networks are ensured by a number of features, including J-Protect filtering capabilities, high-performance rate limiting, JUNOS Software, and industry-leading ASIC technology.
The Juniper Networks QFabric family of products offers a revolutionary approach that delivers dramatic improvements in data center performance, operating costs, and business agility for enterprises, high-performance computing systems, and cloud providers. The QFabric family implements a single-tier network in the data center, enabling improvements in speed, scale and efficiency by removing legacy barriers and improving business agility.
The QFabric family includes three members:
• QFabric System: Composed of three separate components—the QFabric Node, QFabric Interconnect and QFabric Director—the QFabric System creates a high-performance, low-latency fabric that unleashes the full power of the data center with the simplicity of a single switch.
o QFabric Node acts as the entry and exit into the fabric
o QFabric Interconnect is the high-speed transport device for interconnecting QFabric Nodes
o QFabric Director provides control and management services to deliver a common window for managing all devices as a single device.
• QFX3500 Switch: The QFX3500 is a standalone 48-port 10GbE top-of-rack switch with four 40GbE uplink ports and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and FC gateway functionality. With a simple software and configuration change, the QFX3500 can also provide the QFabric Node functionality in a QFabric System.
• QFX3600 Switch: The QFX3600 offers 16 QFSP+ ports, delivering a high-performance, feature-rich 40GbE/10GbE top-of-rack switch with iSCSI and FCoE functionality for highly demanding data center environments (available 2H12). The QFX3600 also provides QFabric Node functionality in a QFabric System.
WLA Series Wireless LAN Access Points provide indoor or outdoor 802.11a/b/g/n connectivity for a variety of situations and installation sizes. All WLA Series products provide the bandwidth controls and performance to service demanding mobility applications, such as voice and video over wireless.
- Encryption and access security
- Intelligent switching
- Band steering
- Client load balancing
- Dynamic authorization
- QoS and bandwidth management
- Spectrum and location scanning
- Wireless intrusion prevention
Configured and controlled by Juniper WLC Wireless LAN controllers, all WLA Series access points can offload the controllers by inspecting and forwarding traffic, performing encryption and enforcing security locally at the access point. This results in optimized traffic flows, radically reduced latency, and massive scalability.
WLA Series Wireless Access points can be managed collectively by a cluster of controllers, an approach that allows for hitless failover with zero downtime, providing unmatched session availability
WLC Series Wireless LAN Controllers enable seamless integration of scalable, secure and reliable wireless LANs within enterprise wired infrastructures. Choose from a broad range of controllers for WLAN deployments of any size — from the smallest branch office or retail outlet to the largest business or university campus. Clusters of wireless LAN controllers and thousands of indoor and outdoor access points are treated as a single, unified network.
- Seamless, identity-based roaming across the network
- User-centric security with application-specific QoS profiles
- Single-console management for all controllers
- Advanced VOIP provisioning and management
- Nonstop wireless availability for sessions
The WLC2800 scales to bring wired network reliability to wireless networks deployed in medium- to large-size enterprises, and scales to support up to 512 802.11n access points.
- 28 Gbps of switching throughput
- Up to 512 802.11n access points
- Intelligent switching that combines applications-based centralized and distributed data forwarding
- Offloads policy enforcement and data forwarding to the access points for optimized traffic flow, reduced latency, and massive scalability
- Combines L2 Ethernet switching, stateful per-user and per-service firewalls, wireless intrusion protection, 802.1Q trunking, and per-VLAN spanning tree (PVST+)
- Complete wired to wireless quality of service (QoS)
- Automated RF management
Clusters of WLC2800 Wireless LAN Controllers form a mobility domain, which provides seamless roaming, intrusion protection, and RF management over large, single-site wireless LAN deployments. A network domain interconnects mobility domains to support multiple sites and span wide geographic regions with secure, seamless mobility applications and smart mobile services.